I have had these poor pork chops on my menu for about 4 weeks in a row, and for one reason or another they kept getting pushed to the next week. This week, however, I was determined to make these babies come hell or high water. And now, I must tell you all…it was worth the wait, but I’m so mad I didn’t make them sooner!! Of course Jessica has never steered me wrong before, so I didn’t have any doubts, but still…until taking that first bite, I just didn’t know how good it would be. So, of course I had to share it with you right away!
I’m not a bourbon drinker, but I have cooked with it a few times recently, and the results have been great every time. And mixed with the maple syrup…mmm mmm mmm! You need these pork chops in your life. And hey, if you aren’t a pork fan…this glaze would be fantastic on chicken or salmon too!! Give it a try, and let me know what you think!
opciones binarias pros y contras Maple-Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops
Source: How Sweet It Is
ioption opções binarias Ingredients
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked papika
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, combine bourbon, sugar, maple syrup, garlic, Worcestershire, vinegar and mustard. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce to a simmer and let cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to thicken.
- Season chops on both sides with salt, pepper, and paprika. Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat the bottom with canola oil and allow to get pretty hot (4-5 minutes), then add pork chops. Sear on one side for 2-3 minutes, or until golden Flip and cook the other side for an additoinal 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat, add chicken stock to skillet, then place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spoon glaze over the top of the chops. Serve and enjoy!!