- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large red bell peppers, diced
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp, (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, asparagus, lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth and add to the pan along with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Serve the shrimp and sauce over the vegetables.
Top canadian online stock brokers york AND only 227 calories per serving!! Bonus!!