I had to work this past Saturday for half a day, then go grocery shopping on my way home. I knew I was going to be starving by the time I finally made it home so I had this quick-to-make recipe already planned out. J had to work all day, so I was on my own for lunch. Originally I planned to serve the shrimp cakes over salad greens, but the day-of I opted to just eat them alone with avocado slices. I think that was a good call.
As seen on Skinnytaste
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 medium scallions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 4 lime wedges
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced thin
- Use papertowels to remove any moisture from the shrimp, then place them into a food processor with the jalapeno and garlic. Pulse on low for just a few seconds until the mixture looks a little pasty.
- Transfer the shrimp mixture into a large bowl and combine with the scallions, cilantro, panko, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Wearing rubber gloves for an easier process, form shrimp into 4 patties.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the shrimp cakes to the skillet and cook 4 minutes without disturbing, then gently flip and cook an additional 4 minutes. Each side should be slightly browned and a little crisp.
- Serve with fresh lime juice and top with thin slices of avocado.