Oh, chicken, how I love thee. Especially when you’re marinated in honey and lime…mmm mmm good! Served with roasted potatoes and black beans – scrumptious lunch!
Lime & Honey Glazed Chicken
Source: Eating Well
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Mix honey, soy sauce, lime zest, lime juice and crushed red pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken pieces; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes – 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and spray baking pan with cooking spray. Place chicken on pan and cook until no pink shows in the chicken – about 15-20 minutes. (You can also cook on a George Foreman grill for 5-7 minutes, instead.)
- Meanwhile, place the marinade in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and boil until reduced by about half and thickened to a glaze, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Apply more of the marinade about half-way through cooking.
- Remove from oven (or grill) and serve!