Today is a very special day for me, as today marks 1 year since Sweet Beginnings’ very first blog post! I can’t thank you all enough for reading and supporting me along this amazing journey. I look back at how I began, how far I’ve come, and how far I still have to go, but I am so happy to have made it through the first year. It’s been an amazing journey thus far and I look forward to many more years of sharing with you all.
Today is also reveal day for The Secret Recipe Club, and I received Katherine Martinelli’s blog, and what a treat! Katherine is a native New Yorker who currently lives in Israel, who writes about food and travel, and takes amazing photographs. You should definitely check out her blog for some amazing recipes.
I went searching through her recipes (and boy do I love the way her recipe index is set up!) and as soon as I saw these Sriracha Turkey Meatballs, I knew I had found the dish for me! I can’t think of a better way to celebrate my 1 year blogiversary than with Sriracha! I’ve expressed to you many times how much I love spicy foods, and I’ve had the chance to experiment with Sriracha a few times now, beginning with the Sriracha Burger some time back. I can’t say enough how amazing these meatballs were! A smidge of Asian flavor, and a kick of heat in every bite. I served them over rice, but they would make a great appetizer served with toothpicks, as well. I will absolutely be making these again!
Sriracha Turkey Meatballs
Source: Katherine Martinelli
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/8 cup hot water
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with foil or cooking spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and hot water in a medium bowl and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey, scallions, cilantro, fish sauce, Sriracha, sugar, and sesame oil and thoroughly combine.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon, form into 18 to 20 meatballs and put on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and turn the meatballs. Bake for another 10, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.