I remember several holiday goodies that we always made when I was a kid. Fudge, primarily, as that is what I looked forward to all.year.long. and have now been handed the reins to. But aside from that was this Hawaiian salad.
Today we are most likely sitting on the beach in Cozumel, our last port of call until home. Perhaps we are at Carlos ‘n’ Charlies. Whatever we’re doing, I can assure you we’re having a blast and I’ll fill you in on all the deets when we return in a couple of days!
Until then…add this to your holiday menu! Or, make it now and try it out!!
Hawaiian Fruit Salad
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 (10-oz) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (11-oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- Add apple to a large bowl and toss in lemon juice to keep from browning. Add the pineapple, mandarin oranges, grapes, and coconut and stir to combine. Gently stir in the yogurt to evenly coat all the fruit.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together. Serve chilled. If you notice some liquid gathering, just stir to reincorporate the juices into the fruit!