Happy Hump Day, friends!! Do you ever have those nights in the kitchen where nothing seems to go right, and you just want to throw in the towel and have a drink, instead? Well, I had one of those nights last night. I don’t know if it was the humidity, old baking powder, or just a bad run of luck, but the cupcakes I was trying to make were just not cooperating. Here’s a little tip – runny cake batter does NOT yield good cupcakes. Just in case you didn’t know.
Two failed batter batches, a late night trip to the grocery store, and a different recipe later, and I finally had good cupcakes. But geez…the things I go through for my friends! As I sat on the couch relaxing for a few minutes, I really just wanted one of these Guavaritas to wind down with. I resisted the urge since it was late and I had to be up early for work, but it sounded so good! I finally got to bed sometime after midnight, cupcakes cooled, frosted, and packaged for travel the next day. It’s a good thing that they will be accompanying me to a birthday happy hour today after work. Looks like I’ll be having that drink afterall!
But, if I did not have the happy hour to attend, I would definitely be whipping up another batch of these babies, because who doesn’t love a good margarita??? And then to add guava juice to it?? What the what?? That is awesomeness in a glass, I tell ya! When I made these last week for a pre-4th celebration, I raved about them on Facebook and then a couple of friends came over to indulge with me. They commented on how tasty they were and that the guava flavor was a nice addition.
I have to thank Shawnda over at Confections of a Foodie Bride for sharing her love of margaritas with the world…I have found (and tried) several of her recipes, and have many more pinned, on the menu, and waiting to be consumed!!
And, once again, don’t forget about the Jennie-O Giveaway!! Two days left!
Source: Confections of a Foodie Bride
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup guava nectar
- 3/4 cup silver tequila
- 1/3 cup orange liqueur
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Salt, optional
- In a small saucepan, heat the water and sugar over medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a pitcher, mix the sugar-water, lime juice, guava nectar, tequila, and orange liqueur, stirring well to combine.
- If you like salt with your margaritas, cut a lime and use a slice to run around the edges of each glass. Pour salt onto a plate and dip the lime-rimmed glasses into the salt to coat.
- Add ice to each of your glasses and fill with your tasty Guavarita mix!!