Happy Monday my friends!! Well, I’m at least hoping that yours is happy. I’m still wishing that it was the weekend and that I had time to get done all the things I had on my to-do list. I have such good intentions. Really, I do. But somehow that to-do list just never quite gets completely checked off each weekend *insert sigh here*. However, I did manage to spend a lot of time in the kitchen!! Saturday night we had friends over for the UFC fight, and K grilled fajitas while I whipped up some guac, rice & beans. And maybe a margarita or two. Just sayin’. I would share those with you, if there had been any left over, I swear! Come over next month, and I promise I’ll make you one (or three)!
Sunday, I planted myself in front of the stove for yet another marathon cooking night. Not only did I make this delicious sandwich for lunch, but I challenged myself to another 3-meals-in-one-night! I’ve already admitted that I’m crazy, so no need to say it out loud to yourself…those recipes will follow soon!!
I don’t have many meals that I repeat very often, but this weekend I decided to pull out some of the old (and new) favorites. One of the recent favorites is a sandwich that I created to resemble a wrap that I love at Sandella’s. The creamy red pepper sauce really makes this somewhat ordinary chicken sandwich something special – give it a try!
Grilled Chicken Sammich with Creamy Red Pepper Sauce
Adapted from Pacific Chicken Wrap at Sandella’s Flatbread Cafe
- 2 Grilled Chicken Breast
- 2 Kaiser rolls, toasted
- 2 Leaves of Green Leaf Lettuce
- 4 Tomatoes Slices
- 4 Bacon slices (crisp)
- 2 Tbs Guacamole or 8 Avocado Slices
- 2 Tbs Creamy Red Pepper Sauce (Recipe Below)
- Prepare the red pepper sauce and refrigerate while preparing the chicken.
- Grill chicken and cook bacon, and set aside to drain & cool.
- Meanwhile, slice tomatoes and avocado (or prepare guacamole), and toast bread.
- Spread 1 Tbs of Creamy Red Pepper Sauce onto 1 side of the roll, top with avocado (or guacamole), 3 slices of bacon (halved to make 6 pieces), chicken, tomatoes, and leaf of lettuce. Top with second side of roll with sauce and repeat process for second sandwich.
Creamy Red Pepper Sauce
- 4 Tbs Cream Cheese
- 3 Tbs Reduced-fat mayo or miracle whip
- 3-4 roasted red peppers from 7 ½ oz jar, drained well
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Mix all ingredients together in food processor until well-blended.