I love salad. Especially entree salad with grilled chicken. I slightly modified this recipe from Men’s Health magazine to fit my fancy for salad fixin’s, and it made a wonderful detox-friendly meal for K & I. And enough for a second helping later on 😉 It is super simple to make – I was able to throw this together while K & I talked about our day at work. Fast, simple, and delicious…that is my kind of weeknight meal! Well, at least sometimes it’s nice 🙂
Gonzo Chicken (slightly modified)
Source: Men’s Health
- 2 cups spring salad mix
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken, grilled and diced
- 1/4 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic (or Red Wine) Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Grill chicken and set aside to cool.
- Drain & rinse chickpeas; chop walnuts and dice avocado & tomato.
- Place salad mix & spinach leaves in large bowl. Top with chickpeas, chicken, walnuts, avocado & tomato. Mix olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl and drizzle over the salad mixture. Mix all together, season with salt & pepper, and serve.