As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received one box of Kikkoman Kara-Age’ Soy & Ginger Seasoning to try out. I am a big fan of Asian cuisine, so I was excited when I was selected to try this product. On the box it suggests using the seasoning with chicken or fish, and I had some Mahi in the freezer just begging to be cooked so I decided to try making some flavorful fish nuggets! Advertised on the side of the box was Kikkoman’s Ponzu Lime sauce, so I picked some of that up to try with the nuggets – so delicious!! I served the fish nuggets with hush puppies (post coming soon).
Kara-Age Soy & Ginger Mahi Nuggets
- 2 mahi fillets
- 1 pkg Kikkoman Kara Age Soy & Ginger Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Kikkoman Ponzu Lime sauce
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- Pour seasoning into a sealable plastic bag.
- Cut mahi into bite sized nuggets and place in a small bowl. Pour Ponzu sauce over fish, and mix to coat each piece. Drop nuggets into bag of seasoning and shake to coat all pieces.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Place fish nuggets in oil and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until coating is browned and fish is cooked through.
- Remove fish onto a paper towel-lined plate to drain oil.