http://lesmandarines.fr/?qwerty=binÃ ÃâÃâÃâÃ ÃâÃâÃâÃ ÃâÃÂ¢Ãâ¬ÃÅ¡Ã ÃâÃâÃÂ¤re-optionen-ab-16-jahren So, every now and then before a vacation when K & I decide we need to shed some pounds, I will make a “food calendar” of meals that we will have up to the time of vacation. Well, it’s that time again. We are going to the Bahamas in just under 5 weeks, so starting yesterday we are back to the food calendar. I try to cook every night anyway, but our lives can get hectic (just like everyone else’s) and some nights it easier to hit a drive-thru. However, when I make the food calendar, it somehow seems easier to stick to it. Maybe because I don’t have to decide what we’re having for dinner the night before or the day of…ya think? 🙂
- 1/2 cup rice wine, or medium-dry sherry
- 1/4 cup strong-brewed black tea
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice, or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon peanut or canola oil, divided
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Combine rice wine (or sherry), tea, juice, soy sauce and honey in a 2-cup glass measure; set aside.
- Combine cinnamon, ginger, pepper and salt in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture evenly on both sides of chicken breasts.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, reduce heat to medium and cook until golden outside and no longer pink inside, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to the pan. Add bell pepper, scallions and garlic; sauté for 30 seconds. Add the reserved rice wine-tea mixture. Bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Cook until the liquid is reduced by half, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan. Simmer gently, spooning the sauce over the chicken, until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Slice the chicken into thin diagonal slices and fan on plates. Spoon the sauce and vegetables over. Serve immediately.