http://gimnazijabp.edu.rs/?kistjak=forexte-ikili-opsiyon&353=2a dating customs Green Onion, Cheddar, and Asiago Beer Batter Bread
Makes one 9” x 5” (23 x 13 cm) loaf
Adapted from Recipe Girl’s Cheddar Chive Beer Batter Bread
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup sliced green (spring) onion
- 3 cups all-purpose (plain) flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (120 ml) (2 oz) grated Asiago cheese
- One (12 oz) bottle beer (such as amber ale)
- ¼ cup butter, melted and divided
- Preheat oven to moderately hot 375°F. Spray 9”×5″ (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add green onion and sauté 3-4 minutes or until tender. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl; make a well in the center of the mixture. Add onion, cheeses, and beer. Stir just until moist.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Drizzle evenly with 2 tablespoons of butter. Bake for 35 minutes; brush with remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Bake an additional 23 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.