There’s just something about fruit salsa on fish. Wouldn’t you agree?
And they are especially appealing during the hot, summer months. When various fruits are in season and abundant and deliciously ripe and perfect. I’ve actually had this recipe saved for quite some time, and even had it on the menu a time or two in the past but never quite got around to making it. But let me tell you what. Not only is it super fast to prepare if you need a good, healthy meal in a hurry; it’s pretty tasty too.
You can choose your whitefish of choice, I used cod because it was readily available the day I did my shopping, but Mahi Mahi, Sea Bass, Snapper, Halibut, etc. are all great options as well. The fish is lightly seasoned, so the bulk of the flavor comes from the salsa itself. Therefore, feel free to pile it on!
Did I mention this is super healthy? Like, 160 calories per serving healthy? Yeah. Healthy and tasty. Perfect supper fare.
Cod with Blueberry-Mango Salsa
As seen on Women’s Health
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 2 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cod fillets (or other white fish)
- In a medium bowl, combine the blueberries, mango, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and set aside.
- Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium high heat and add a teaspoon of olive oil. Season the fish with salt and pepper, to taste, and add to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until well seared and cooked through on both sides. Time will vary based on thickness of the fish, so keep an eye on it so you don’t overcook. It’s done when it flakes easily with the touch of a fork and is opaque white on the inside.
- Serve fish topped with the blueberry-mango salsa, with your favorite grain and veggie or salad.