The past week has been a whirlwind…we booked a venue and set our wedding date (squee!!), I met my Little from the Big Brothers Big Sisters program – such a sweet girl – and I got a promotion at work! Because of the promotion, I cut back on days at my second job and now have my weekends free again, which is AMAZING! Let me just say that working 7 days a week for the past 2 1/2 months was…tough. But I did it by my own choice, not out of necessity, so I can’t complain too much, right? I am truly blessed in this life, and thankful for my fiance who is so supportive and understanding, even when it meant sacrificing a lot of our time together while I was working so much. But, in the end everything happens for a reason and it all worked out pretty perfectly. Now I’m counting down the days until I become a Mrs. and diving head first into my new responsibilities at work and as a Big Sister.
http://www.shyamtelecom.com/?siterko=iq-opt&6d7=48 Since I’m home more during the week now, I’ve been able to enjoy cooking dinner most nights again. Salmon is probably one of my favorite things to cook, so I’m always looking for new, flavorful ways to make it. Sometimes the recipe seems so simple, but turns out to be so delicious – this was one of those.
markets world binary review A simple mixture of olive oil, cilantro, lime juice and zest, jalapeno and garlic atop salmon fillets makes for one quick and easy, but very delicious dinner!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with cooking spray, and set aside.
- Place the oil, lime, juice and zest, cilantro, jalapeno and garlic in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Place the salmon on the prepared baking sheet (skin side down if it has the skin on), season with salt and pepper, top with cilantro mixture, and bake 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. Use spatula to separate fillets from the skin and serve with your favorite sides!