I seem to have accumulated a collection of cookbooks. A collection that I sadly do not use very often. With today’s technology, I can search and print recipes any time I want, which seems to be more convenient for me. However, I did get off my tush and start going through the plethora of books that I have, in search of detox-friendly recipes. And I found a few!! Tonight’s dinner came from Dr. Shapiro’s Picture Perfect Weight Loss Cookbook, and it was delightful!
K told me while we were eating that he never would have thought to put all of these ingredients together, and that if I would have told him ahead of time what we were having he probably wouldn’t have been very receptive to it…but he really liked it! Hallelujah!
Chili Shrimp with Fruit Relish
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- 2 Tbsp diced red onion
- 2 1/4 tsp chili powder, divided
- 1/4 tsp grated lime peel
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Combine mango, pineapple, apple, onion, chili powder, lime zest, and lime juice in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Preheat broiler and spray broiler-pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together the shrimp, chili powder, cumin, salt, paprika, pepper & oil, then spread the shrimp in a single layer onto the broiler-pan.
- Broil for 4-6 minutes until opaque. Serve with Fruit Relish.