Well hello friends! It’s Friday!! I love Fridays. Particularly Fridays at 4:30 pm, when I’m walking out the door from work to start the weekend. Well, more-so when I get home…because traffic in Austin on a Friday afternoon is no joke. And because the weeks are usually long and cluttered with a million things to do, I look forward to being home and not having to rush to get everything done before “bedtime.” I just want to relax and enjoy being home with J. So, dinners are typically something that requires little prep work so that I spend less time in the kitchen and more time with my love. And perhaps a cocktail. Know what I mean?
This salmon is one of those recipes that require very little hands-on time.
- 1/3 cup chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 ½ Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp mayo or miracle whip
- 1/4 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup scallions, diced
- Combine chili sauce, soy sauce, ginger, honey, and 3 of the garlic cloves in a shallow dish and mix well. Add the salmon (skin side UP, if it has skin) and allow to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, and spray with cooking spray.
- While salmon is marinating, make Sriracha cream sauce by combining yogurt, mayo, Siracha, lemon juice, salt and remaining garlic clove. Mix well and set aside.
- Place salmon on baking sheet (skin side down if it has skin), spoon a little of the marinade over the top, and bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on thickness. At the end, turn the broiler on for just a couple of minutes to brown off the salmon and give it a little crisp.
- Serve salmon with Sriracha cream sauce and garnish with green onions.