Anywho…the point is, that this salad is healthy, delicious, and filling. Chock full of veggies, fruit, and protein. Now, I’m off to plan tomorrow’s lunch and snacks. Wish me luck for a less gourged day!
Chicken, Green Bean, and Apple Salad
Source: Pampered Chef – Make it Fresh, Make it Healthy
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup light mayo or miracle whip
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 8 oz fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 medium jicama
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium heat for 5 minutes, then spray with cooking spray. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in the prepared pan. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by combining the mayo, vinegar, tarragon, brown sugar, and 1/4 tsp salt. Whisk to combine, cover, and refrigerate.
- To prepare the green beans, fill a pot with about 1 inch of water and the green beans. Heat over medium-high heat, to boiling, and cook 2-3 minutes, until crisp-tender. Have a large bowl filled with water and ice waiting. Drain the green beans and submerge in the ice water. Let stand for 5 minutes, then drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Meanwhile, peel the jicama and slice into thin strips. Core and thinly slice the apple.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and slice into strips. Combine the chicken, dressing, green beans, jicama, and apple in a bowl and toss to combine. Serve over mixed greens.