Good morrrrninnnngg!! Are the sounds of firecrackers popping still in your head? Or is that the throbbing of your head, resulting from an epic 4th of July weekend barbecue? Either way, I hope you all had a fabulous Saturday full of good food, good friends, and great drinks!! That is the most important part of a summer holiday, didn’t you know?
And, since your body is very likely unhappy with all of the food and libations you forced upon it, today is as good a day as any to give it a little break. The moment that I saw this dish on Lindsay’s blog, I knew was going to be delicious. But, on top of being delicious, it is free of any processed ingredients, and just a little bit was enough to fill me up. And when I say a little bit, I mean maybe one cup…that is a miracle! And what a good feeling, knowing that something so healthy, is also filling, and delicious!! I had it for lunch the next day, too, and it kept me full until dinner!
So, if you need to kick the hangover, or give your body some food TLC…get in the kitchen and make this today!!
iq option trading binario Chicken and Edamame with Orange-Ginger Dressing
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- salt, to taste
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 an avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- While brown rice in cooking, whisk together orange juice, lime juice, ginger and salt. Add salt to taste.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add in edamame, bell pepper, and cooked rice. Remove from heat.
- Add dressing and stir to combine. Spoon mixture into bowls and top with avocado and cilantro.