Most of the time our meals consist of ordinary, everyday meat. You know, chicken, beef, fish…that kinda thing. But every once in awhile, I decide to spend a little extra for something like lamb, and fancy dinner up a bit. And every time I do, we are not disappointed. This was no exception.
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 4-6 lamb chops, depending on size (I had 5 relatively small ones)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp mint, or more to taste
- 3 oz Greek yogurt
- Combine the cherries and sugar together in a medium saucepan, and stir over medium heat until softened.
- Wash and pat the lamb dry. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chops and cook for 4-6 minutes per side, depending on thickness, until seared, golden brown, and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon of oil, black pepper, and vinegar to the cherry saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- You can prepare the mint yogurt sauce while the cherry sauce is simmering. Add the mint to your food processor and pulse until finely minced. Add the yogurt and pulse on low until well-combined. Taste and add more mint, if desired.
- Add butter to the cherry sauce and stir until butter has melted.
- Serve the lamb chops with a spoonful of the mint yogurt sauce, and a generous drizzle of the cherry balsamic sauce. How’s that for fancy in a snap??