The last two-and-a-half weeks have been a whirlwind of smiles and happiness that I’d almost forgotten could exist. My DVR is so backed up that I’m not sure I’ll ever catch up on my shows and that, my friends, is saying something because I’m usually pretty anal about keeping the DVR cleared out. Exciting life I had, eh? Well, it certainly is now!! And, I get to cook for someone several nights every week. I love to cook, he loves to eat…perfect!!
The night I made these scallops, however, was not a night that J came over, so I had to send him a picture instead (I’m pretty sure I got called a food tease), and then packed up the leftovers for him to take to work.
While I enjoyed the scallops, we learned that taking scallops as leftovers for lunch is not the best idea. Microwave = tough scallops. Blech. I guess that just means I’ll have to make him some fresh ones soon, so he can see how yummy they really were!!! Other than them not searing well for me (too much butter in the pan, perhaps??) they were absolutely delicious!! Another Scallop win for the books!
Caramelized Scallops with White Wine
- 12 large scallops
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 Tbsp clarified butter
- 3-4 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, zested and squeezed
- 1 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 8 chives, chopped
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium high.
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sugar on a plate and press one side of each skillet into the sugar, then place (sugar side down) into the skillet.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side (without moving), until the scallops are nicely seared. Flip and cook for another two minutes. Add wine and lemon juice and reduce the sauce by half.
- Serve scallops topped with pan sauce, lemon zest, parsley, and chives.