Hello Monday. I can’t say that I’m happy to see you, after the weekend once again flew by way too quickly, but here we are nonetheless. I didn’t get as much done as I’d hoped this weekend, but I did get some Q.T. in with T and with my most favoritest cousin that lives out of state! This particular cousin was my bestest friend growing up, and we are only 3 days apart in age. Unfortunately he moved out of state about 9 years back and I haven’t seen him in several years. So, imagine my delight when I got a text that he was in Texas, just a couple of hours away from me. One day is not nearly enough, but I’m grateful for that day anyway.
Since I was out of pocket for most of the weekend, I had to try cramming all my to-do’s in on Sunday. Yoga, grocery shopping, laundry, cooking, and baking. Did I mention it was raining all day, too? Yeah…that makes me feel really productive. Not.
I decided that it was time for another breakfast recipe. A breakfast pastry, to be exact. My mornings are so rushed, that breakfast usually consists of yogurt or a breakfast cereal bar after I get to work. But wouldn’t it be nice if I had something a little different, that I could eat on the way to work??
Look at that fruity deliciousness right there…
Blackberry and cream cheese, wrapped in soft pastry, and topped with a yummy drizzle of frosting = Heaven!! And the best thing about a danish? You can whatever fruit or filling your little heart desires! Or, if you aren’t the type that likes fruit in your food, you could just make a cream cheese danish!! Hot damn ladies and gentleman…this could be the next big thing in breakfast! Oh wait…I think it already is. Apparently I’m late to the party…if you are too, then get with the program! 🙂
read the full info here Blackberry Cream Cheese Danish
Source: Six Sisters’ Stuff
buy strattera Ingredients
- 1 tube Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh blackberries or 1 cup blackberry pie filling (or any flavor you like!)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla. Set aside.
- Pop open crescent roll dough and unroll, leaving crescents in rectangles. On an ungreased baking sheet, lay the crescent roll rectangles together, lining them up width wise. Press edges together to even out edges and seal any holes. Cut 1/2 inch diagonal strips up each side of the dough.
- Carefully spread cream cheese filling down the center of the dough to be about 2-3 inches wide. Top with blackberries or pie filling. Fold 1/2 inch dough pieces up over filling alternating sides to get a braided pattern.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until filling is set and crescent dough is golden in color. Allow to cool before removing from baking sheet.
- Once cooled, remove to serving platter. In a small bowl, mix together powdered sugar, vanilla and cream to make the icing. Add more cream if needed to get the desired consistency. Drizzle icing over each danish.