Have you ever had one of those weeks that seems to last forever, and every time you turn around something else is going wrong? It could be at work, home, school…whatever you have going on in your life. Well, last week was one of those weeks for me. Nothing major, no catastrophes…just a lot of little issues all week long. I couldn’t wait for Sunday to just relax and veg out at home. And that’s exactly what we did. We laid around most of the day watching Game of Thrones, and for dinner I made these Quesadillas from Amy at Sing For Your Supper. They fit the bill just right…no fuss, just simple and delicious.
Black Bean & Avocado Quesadilla
Adapted from Sing For Your Supper
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar this time)
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- sour cream for dipping
- lime wedges, if desired
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Place 1 tortilla down, spread with cheese and beans. On the other tortilla spread mashed avocado and sprinkle a bit more cheese then lay on top of the bean and cheese tortilla.
- Cook until the bottom tortilla is slightly browned and little crispy, then flip over with a spatula. Cook until cheese is melted and bottom is slightly browned and crispy. Remove from heat and cut into 4 triangles. Repeat process with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with lime wedges and sour cream.