Boy am I glad it’s Friday! It’s been a whirlwind of a week, and this almost-birthday girl is exhausted!! I’m looking forward to a quiet night tonight with T, Baby C, and Mr. T…and maybe some blackberry margaritas!
I don’t know about you, but when I’m exhausted, it’s hard for me to drag my butt off the couch and into the kitchen for dinner. These are the times that it’s nice to have an easy but delicious recipe on-hand. Even though I didn’t want to cook that night, the thought of the flavors was enough to lure me to the kitchen. I made a couple of adjustments to Branny’s recipe, because of the ingredients I had available, and thankfully it turned out fantabulous!!!
And, of course, I don’t have a grill so I used the broiler in my oven instead. And this time, the timing was perfect! The peach jam and balsamic vinegar tasted great together and made a wondeful glaze. I was glad to have some left over for dipping, too!!
If you have a grill and don’t want to heat up your kitchen or house with the oven, I would definintely suggest trying out Branny’s grill instructions! And what a fabulous recipe this would be for the weekend!! Have some for my birthday…it’ll be a great treat for everyone!
here Balsamic-Peach Glazed Chicken Skewers
Adapted from Branny Boils Over
3 tsp minced fresh rosemary, divided
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Skewers (soak wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes prior to use to avoid burning)
- In a small bowl, stir together 2 teaspoons of the rosemary, brown sugar, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- In a large bowl, toss your chicken cubes with the spice mixture until well coated.
- Preheat your broiler, line a large baking sheet with foil, and top with a wire rack. Spray with cooking spray, and thread the chicken cubes onto the soaked skewers.
- To make the glaze, combine the remaining teaspoon of rosemary, peach preserves, and balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan, over medium-low heat. Allow the mixture to warm, stirring to combine and thicken just a bit.
- Lay the chicken skewers onto the wire rack and brush a small amount of the glaze over the tops. Cook for about 5 minutes, then remove from the oven, turn the skewers and glaze the tops again. Return to the oven for 3-5 more minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and apply one more glaze to the skewers and set aside to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice with the remaining sauce!