Once again, I have found recipe gold on my friend Sarah’s blog. I’d seen this recipe awhile back and added it to my to-make list, but hadn’t found the right accompaniment yet. I’m not sure how I came to the conclusion that my Tailgate Sliders were that accompaniment, but the day I decided to make them, I saw someone else post about this pasta dish on our cooking board, and it seemed like a good fit!
The dish already sounded great to me, but I didn’t expect it to be so freakin’ good!! Like Oh.My.God. good! It made enough that I can eat leftovers or snacks for a few days, so I had some with pizza a couple of days later, too. Yum yum yum. Thank you Sarah for coming up with such an awesome pasta dish!!
Bacon Ranch Pasta with Spinach & Tomatoes
Source: A Taste of Home Cooking
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 lb short cut pasta
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, and cook bacon. Allow bacon to cool, then crumble.
- Combine parsley, pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and thyme in a small bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet large enough to hold the pasta over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and add seasoning mixture from step 2, spinach and tomatoes. Cook until the spinach wilts.
- Add pasta and cooked bacon and toss to combine. Add grated cheese and taste for seasoning.