http://aquanetta.pl/?kostromesp=opcje-binarne-bz-wbk&08d=ad I pinned this recipe quite some time ago, and the more things I pinned, the further down the page this one was pushed so I rarely saw it when meal planning. But, J loves marinara sauce, and I remembered that I had this one saved so I scrolled through until I found it. Thank goodness I did, because this was one tasty dish!!
- 2 Chicken Breast Fillets, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Dried Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil/Cooking Spray
- 1/2 Cup Pasta or Pizza Sauce
- 2 Avocados, Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, line a baking sheet with foil, spray with cooking spray, and set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts into a resealable plastic bag or between 2 sheets plastic wrap and pound to 1/2 inch thickness with a mallet or rolling pin.
- Put the flour and breadcrumbs in two separate shallow containers or plates and lightly whisk milk and egg together in another shallow bowl.
- Coat each piece of chicken in flour, shaking off the excess, dip into the egg mixture, then coat in breadcrumbs, pressing with your fingers to make sure it sticks.
- Place on prepared baking sheet, spray the tops with cooking spray and bake for 8 minutes, turning over halfway through.
- Remove from oven and spoon 1 tablespoon of pasta or pizza sauce on each piece of chicken Top with 3 or 4 avocado slices and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 5 – 7 minutes or until cheese is melted, the coating is golden brown, and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over cooked pasta or with a garden salad.