I am not sure, amidst the chaos the last couple of weeks, how I have been successful at making these treats and getting the posts up prior to their deadlines, but I”m glad I have. And, you may have noticed that they have been super simple to make, which is probably the only reason I’ve been able to pull it off. This popcorn literally took me about 10-ish minutes to make.
Pop the popcorn and throw it in a bowl. Crush the candy canes, melt the almond bark and mix it all together. Pour it out onto some wax paper for the bark to harden and Voila! You have a tasty Christmas treat! It almost seems too simple to even have a “recipe” for, but hey…I know there are people out there who need these quick-fix treats, so I had to share! Oh, and did I mention that it’s freaking delicious?? I took it to work and it was mostly gone by the end of the day.
Brenda of Meal Planning Magic created this lovely blog hop a few years back…to help our readers (and ourselves!) with ideas, planning, and pre-preparation for the upcoming holidays. There is even a page on Pinterest where all the goodies of new and old can be seen! If you are interested in joining in on the blogging fun, visit Brenda’s blog for information on how.
As seen on Plain Chicken
- 2 bags microwave popcorn, popped (I used plain, unsalted)
- 1 6 oz box candy canes, crushed
- 1 package Vanilla Almond Bark
- 1 tsp mint extract
- Place popcorn in a very large bowl – the biggest one you have.
- Pour crushed candy canes on top of the popcorn. (I crush my candy canes in the food processor – it is quick and it pulverizes the candy canes!)
- Melt almond bark according to instructions on the package. Add the peppermint extract or oil to the almond bark and pour over popcorn. Stir until all the popcorn is coated.
- Pour popcorn on wax paper and allow to harden. Once the popcorn has hardened, break into pieces and enjoy!